As I start my Sophomore Year at UConn, I want to establish the main goals to accomplish this year. It is very important for me to set goals because it allows me to get the most out of my time in college as well as in my life. I am a planner, so there is no better way to start this year. While doing research on goal setting, every site had one thing in common: “Write down your goals”. This is why I have decided to put them in a board on top of my desk, reminding me of what I want to achieve and put those words into actions. I chose goals for different aspects of my life such as school or my personal issues in order to have the best balance possible.
- Call home: My first goal is to acknowledge the people that love and support me the most. Normally, my parents are the ones to call me to see how I am doing, but now that is about to change. No matter how busy I may be, they are at top of my list and my Mom will stop saying things like “it’s been so long!” or “why haven’t I talked to you?”.
- Decide my major: I am very excited to say that I am finally taking my first Accounting class! It is my declared major, but I want to be able to see in depth what it’s really about and give me a better idea of what to expect from other Accounting classes. This Intro to Accounting is known by business students to be a decisive moment major-wise and I know that there is a chance that I don’t like the class and want to explore another business major.
- Keep my room clean: Both beautiful parents of mine took the time to make my room perfect while I was in tour guide training. Afterwards, I was briefed me on where everything was and they started to mock me that I could not keep it that way. Time to prove them and myself otherwise. My room will stay clean and organized as it is right now!
- Manage my time efficiently: With work as a tour guide, 17 credits and being a First Year Experience (FYE) Mentor for the Business Connections Learning Community, it is important to keep track of my time. I need to take time to study for classes and to learn the tour. There are also meetings, preparing for the FYE class and other things that may come my way.
- Learn how to prioritize: Making other things that may come my way fit into my schedule will not always be a possibility. I have to understand that I cannot be in three places at once and in order to do things right I need to focus and have my priorities in order.